Wednesday 19 November 2008

Sixtieth Day

IT for writers today focused on photo shop it seems like quite a good program. I am in no doubt that the Gimp can probably do everything that photo shop can. I attempted to take Teal'c's tattoo and place it on Ainsley Harriot. It worked to begin with then something when wrong, can't say what and I lost it. In any case it was good to get to know a new system, I'll get by brother to teach it to me. With some work I could probably become quite proficiant.

Then was scriptwriting. We talked about summaries and pitches for a script. It is strange but just outlining my story helped me to focus the theme of my story. While I would not claim to be able to write like Asimov or Clarke I think I've got my script theme down. To be basic it is about people being lost in a world where it is next to impossible. The Star Trek Original series episode: For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky, is quite a good example of what I'm trying to do. The story is set in a geodesic dome which is the only habitable place on the planet.

I will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Kiml42 said...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3046348050_413547e3d0_o.jpg

What do you think?